With the start of 2015 it is time to develop some good email habits. On September 24, 2014, Time magazine published an excerpt from the book “How Google Works”written by Google executive chairman and former CEO Eric Schmidt and former Senior Vice President of Products Jonathan Rosenberg. In the article Eric Schmidt shared 9 rules for dealing with email.
These 9 rules are:
- Respond quickly.
- When writing an email, every word matters, and useless prose doesn’t. Be crisp in your delivery.
- Clean out your inbox constantly.
- Handle email in LIFO order (Last In First Out).
- Remember, you’re a router.
- When you use the bcc feature, ask yourself why.
- DON’T YELL.
- Make it easy to follow up on requests.
- Help your future self search for stuff.
For more details on the 9 rules read the complete Time article 9 Rules For Emailing From Google Exec Eric Schmidt.